No offense, but....  

Posted

Does anyone really believe that starting a sentence with "no offense" absolves someone from the risk of offending? What the person is really saying is "i know i'm going to offend you, but i just don't care."

That's a poor lead in to this rant, but i really don't know how to express my anger and displeasure with the recent turn of events regarding the now-cancelled championship game party. Year after year i've expressed my desire to keep the numbers to a minimum. I have a 27 inch tv one ghetto couch from the 70's and a handful of other random chairs. I also have an interest in actually watching the games....that's why i don't throw superbowl parties.

Short of "you are not allowed to bring anyone", i don't know what else i could say to express my desire. But I guess my feelings don't count even though it's my apartment, my effort, and oh yeah, my money that's supporting this party. I guess it's not enough, as guests feel compelled to invite others just to make sure their enjoyment of day is improved. I suppose i should be thankful that they are gracing me with their presence and allowing me to feed them.

This isn't the first instance of selfish behavior that sickens me, nor will it be the last. But the thing that really heightens my anger is the fact that these people pretend to actually respect my wishes. "i understand that you are worried about keeping the numbers down, but is it ok if....."

well, if you understand that i don't want more people, then why are you asking to bring more people? you KNOW i'm not going to say "no, you can't bring this person". so, just come out and say it..."i'm not going to respect your wishes." That's what it comes down to.

You want a big party where everyone is hanging out and the game is just a pretense? fine, host the party yourself. That's not what i wanted. I wanted to have fun while watching the game. And you all ruined that. Being ungrateful disgusts me.

This entry was posted on Thursday, January 20, 2005 at Thursday, January 20, 2005 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment