i was reminded that i went to sunday school as a kid. i strained myself trying to remember ANYTHING from all those wasted years. here's what i came up with:

1) the guy who directed traffic in the parking lot was very obnoxious. He'd give the big windmill "i'm sending you from third to home to win the world series" arm gesture when it was our turn to go. it always drove me crazy.

2) me and a kid had a runny nose one day, but it was during the time period where i was self conscious about blowing my nose in public (actually, i'm still self conscious about that). we were sniffing so loudly, that the teacher actually handed us the tissue box. That always offended me.

3) when i was "older", we were in a class taught by a nun. My friend sitting next to me was leaning back on his chair, and as a joke, i was going to pretend to pull it out from him. unfortunately, i pulled too hard, and he fell. i got yelled at. 30 minutes later, i thought it would be funny to pretend to do it again. but once again, i pulled too hard.

4) in highschool, the Delbarton kids were sooooo proud of the fact that they went to delbarton. One even made a comment to me about how i would doodle on my notebook while he was "respecting god" or something. yikes.

5) kids were asked to host gatherings a few times a year. The woman hinted that i should host one. i told her no. she then called my house to insist on us hosting it. i told my mom that i would quit if we were forced to host one. I think that was my final straw with the church.

that's really all i can remember. i don't remember even a single story about god or anything.

This entry was posted on Thursday, March 30, 2006 at Thursday, March 30, 2006 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

Anonymous  

Ok, you should be embarassed by blowing your nose in public. You sound like a damn tuba. I always think you're going to push your lungs inside out through your nostrils. I don't blame that teacher for shoving tissues at you. That gives me fodder. See you Saturday, putz!

Poppa

April 6, 2006 at 3:32 PM

Post a Comment