Rhapsody in Blue  

Posted

All week I've been trying to find out the name of a song I saw performed as I flipped by the Grammys. Let's ignore the fact that they actually flashed the title after it was over, because otherwise this will become a post about how bad my memory is getting, and that will just depress me. Instead, let me just say that the entire week I was thinking "oh man, I think the only reason I know this song is because it's in a commercial, and for some reason, I'm picturing an airlines".

Well, after finally finding a live blog about the grammys I relearned that the name of the song is "Rhapsody In Blue" and it is in fact the theme song of Unite Airlines. I was, however, SHOCKED to learn that one of the guys performing the song was Herbie Hancock. And then DOUBLE shocked to look him up and see that he was black!

And I have one of his cds somewhere too!

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 17, 2008 at Sunday, February 17, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment