Articulate WHY.  

Posted

When they do something stupid, ask them to explain why they are doing it. Case in point: Howard was upset with Gary because Gary has a program on his son's computer that allows him access to all of his IM's, emails, and website history. Howard pressed Gary to explain why he chose not to at least tell his son that the program existed. Like a true moron, Gary could not articulate WHY he made that decision. After awhile, Gary got overly defensive about it.

It's pretty obvious to me that if you can't articulate why you are doing something (or believe something), then it's a poor decision. I've never ever had a problem explaining WHY. If you can give me a "why", then at least it's a rational decision. I may disagree with it, but I'll probably respect it.

If you give me a "I don't know. just because!" then you are officially retarded.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 07, 2007 at Wednesday, February 07, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment