I went to see Arcade Fire, and a KISS concert broke out  

Posted

I go to a concert for the music. Not for staged theatrics. If I cared about the latter, I would go see a Broadway show. It's sad that some people get suckered into gimmicky stunts when it comes to music.

Arcade Fire used to play in churches and other tiny venues. I knew Randall's Island wasn't going to be ideal location to catch them, but I had to see them live.

What a mistake. Pure speculation on my part, but it seemed like they were recording this performance for some type of DVD release. There was a bunch of glowing stuff and videos and whatnot that only distracted from the music. The two guys on the side (drummers?) threw a drum around the stage and tried to hit it. Lame. Then, during Rebellion, the same guy did this:





I'm no musical expert, but I think he wasn't in rhythm with the rest of the band.

This entry was posted on Tuesday, October 09, 2007 at Tuesday, October 09, 2007 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment