The catch-22 of those "pasta-box" dinners  

Posted

We all have them in our closet. Kind of hard to describe. A little better than Rahmen Noodle soup....Usually a pasta with some type of sauce that sounds a lot fancier than it really is. This is the bottom of the dinner food chain. They sit there for months until you run out of all other options.

Here's my main problem with them. [ok, my main problem is that they don't taste good, but that's a boring rant]. My main problem is that they are counter intuitive. They are meant to be a last resort. However, they require the use of multiple pots (or at least a pot and a bowl), and often they REQUIRE milk. Now, riddle me this. If i had milk, i'd clearly be in early part of my food shopping rotation. Milk is the 2nd thing to go (after coldcuts). So, if i had milk, i'd most likely have a lot of other things in my fridge, and i wouldn't be resorting to these pasta-box dinners.

I think i make matters worse by taking shortcuts [instead of letting the water boil first, i throw the pasta right in there, etc], but that's besides the point. It's pretty elitist for these boxes to require milk. "you are teh bottom of the food chain. you are not allowed to require milk. If you want milk, go out and get it."

this dinner is disgusting.

This entry was posted on Monday, July 25, 2005 at Monday, July 25, 2005 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

1 comments

I just think this post is hysterical---and so true.

August 10, 2005 at 2:09 PM

Post a Comment