my hard work on friday  

Posted

Dennis (newark): I was at your fight against oquendo and I thought you did a great job. However, when i saw the replay on tv, the announcers were bashing the decision. Why do you think they claimed that?

Chris Byrd: (4:24 PM ET ) I don't know what their problem is. They don't like me. I thought I won too. I got the decision, so it doesn't matter.

-----------

Dennis (newark): and i won 40 bucks from my friend on that fight...so, if you are ever in brick city, feel free to pick up your end :)

Chris Byrd: (4:27 PM ET ) Dennis, I want it all in nickels!

----------

[this was after he said his favorite meal was hot wings]

Bleu Cheese Dipping Sauce: Hey, where's the love?

Chris Byrd: (4:32 PM ET ) Oh yeah, my bad. All of it, and don't forget the celery and carrots!

------

[this was after he said he didn't like chris rock]

Dave Chapelle: Do you like me at least?

Chris Byrd: (4:34 PM ET ) Oh yeah. Dave Chapelle, you're the man dawg!

-----

Adam (redbank): If you could get through a fight with little to no effort (say 3rd round knockout, no injuries on your part), how quickly could you turn around and fight again?

Chris Byrd: (4:42 PM ET ) Realistically? A week later.

Chris Byrd: (4:42 PM ET ) Schedule wise ... six weeks.

------

Elaine (San Diego): Are you saddened by the fact that retired boxers can't stay retired? Why can't they just let go? Money, ego, both?

Chris Byrd: (4:45 PM ET ) Everything. I agree with you Elaine. Stay retired. That's why they call it retirement.

---------

[and this one was for rob neyer]

Spelling Police: That's twice already you made fun of someone for a spelling mistake. At least they can say the names without a huge lisp.

Rob Neyer: (11:28 AM ET ) Actually, the first time was for a grammar mistake. And if my lisp is so huge, then how come I'm on TV and you're not?

This entry was posted on Friday, April 23, 2004 at Friday, April 23, 2004 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment