Am i allowed to tell this story?  

Posted

If something funny happens, and a mentally handicapped person is involved, am i not allowed to tell the story? I'm not laughing at him per se, but rather the humerous situation i was put in. Well, I don't care if it's wrong to tell, it's pretty funny if you ask me.

I'm sitting at my desk, closing in on 6:30, and I don't hear the janitor come in b/c i had my ipod on. When i finally see him picking up the newspapers in the other office, i say "hey, how's it going". He immediately staggers back, clutches his heart, and screams "you scared me". But it wasn't in the playful tone you'd expect. This guy was upset. He then goes on a tirade about how he thought i had left already and that i shouldn't have scared him like that. I tried apologizing but he was having none of it. He said he didn't need anymore trouble since he just had to talk to his boss this morning.

I try some playful banter, while franctically shutting down my computer and packing up. He doesn't like anyone in the room when he cleans, so i'm trying to get out of there as fast as possible. Then he tells me how he's been in a bad mood b/c his mother was in the hospital. He goes to leave and i tell him that he doesn't have to, b/c i'll get out of his way. "listen sir, right now i'm going to take out the recyling. Then i will come back to this office to clean."

he leaves, i catch my breath, and think i just survived pretty unscaved. but, when i'm walking to the elevator he sees me and screams "sir, come over here, i want to talk to you". he even did the come hither finger point. Then he says "listen, i just want to say that i accept your apology 100%. i just don't want anymore trouble. have a good day."

the elevator door opens and i step in. just as the door was closing, he pulls the door open. "and i just want to tell you, i'm friends with the judge, so i'll be seeing you!"

yikes.

This entry was posted on Wednesday, February 16, 2005 at Wednesday, February 16, 2005 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment