The Black Yankees want a monument in monument stadium  

Posted

i wanted to write "plaque" for that first monument in the title, but i'm not sure how to spell it. anyway, here's my rant...

"I think if I ever got to talk to him, he would be all for it. This is like God, Mother and the Fourth of July. Who would be against it?"

To me, that speaks volumes of why it SHOULDN'T be done. I'm tired of people doing PC things just b/c they are PC. Of course everyone would be for it. But that doesn't make it "right". If the monuments are supposed to be about the YANKEES, then it should be exclusive of all other things, regardless of their importance.

So what if they played in yankee stadium? So did a lot of bands. Should they get a monument as well? I bet the redsox have played more games in yankee stadium over the years. Let's put up a statue of Pedro.

This entry was posted on Sunday, February 27, 2005 at Sunday, February 27, 2005 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment