In my defense  

Posted

well, it appears that the blog of cheese has been spreading some hurtful things regarding me. Here's my version of what really happened.

As i was packing up for winter break in my senior year at RU, I came across an xmas card that my mom had sent me. I hadn't gotten around to opening it earlier, but I figured I had a few minutes, so why not. Well, as usual, she put a scratch off lottery ticket in it. I nearly fainted when i got the three xmas trees and won a shocking 10,000.

I couldn't wait to share my joy with my "friends". I immediatley called pj and steve's house where pj gave his usual non emotional "ok". Steve was a little less diplomatic, yelling at me that "you don't deserve that money. Why do good things happen to you? That money should be mine" or something to that affect.

Dismayed by their lack of support, i went to the next name on my speedial. And while my cousin wasn't home i left a voice mail that captured my emotion and excitement.

After my heart returned to it's normal rate (which is twice that of a healthy person), I looked at the back to see how i was going to go about claiming my prize. Little by little, the comments on the back made me suspect something was afoot. "chances of winning 100-100. actual value of ticket: a good laugh". Oh I had been had alright, and i was not pleased.

The car ride home was interesting as my mother kept asking me about the xmas card and i wouldn't take the bait. I finally flipped out and she couldn't stop laughing. I would later find out that she told ALL her friends the next week and they too laughed at my buffoonery (ok, i know my spelling is horrible, but i'm getting too angry to try and get that right. Actually, now's a good time to note that i will NEVER attempt to fix the spelling in this blog. while i know poor spelling makes me look ignorant, i think it adds nicely to the madness).

I have long repressed this event as the embarassment is too much to handle. However, SOMEHOW Tuna was able to find this voice mail and is using it against me. That's a low blow, and i'll have my vengence, in this life or the next. You crossed a line today, and i'll never forgive you for getting a laugh at my expense. I, for one, would never tease a friend or joke about something embarassing. I swear.

Well played, tuna, well played.

This entry was posted on Friday, December 05, 2003 at Friday, December 05, 2003 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment