This letter was sent to me recently...  

Posted

i was halfway through it before i realized that i had written it this past october. I wrote it in response to a sportswriter's (from boston) article about game seven. Why i cc'd it to steve, i'm not sure. I have to admit though, it gave me a nice chuckle.

To: aucoin@globe.com
>
> Dear Mr. Aucoin:
>
> I just wanted to thank you for your article in
> today's Boston Globe discussing the pain that Red
> Sox fans are going through. As a die-hard Yankee
> fan, game 7 was obviously a very joyous occasion.
> However, the much deeper satisfaction was not that
> we won (again), but rather that the Red Sox lost
> (again). I have to admit, the image of a Boston fan
> in tears over yet another painful collapse brought a
> smile to my face. It was almost as though the
> Yankees were teasing the fans. Everything was in
> your favor all game until we decided to step up and
> crush your hopes and dreams. The fact that it was
> your best pitcher on the mound makes it so much more
> satisfying. Let's not forget that it was Posada who
> tied the game and got his revenge on the
> head-hunter. And just when Red Sox fans thought
> that they had weathered the storm by surviving
> Mariano, Boone ends the game with one swing.
>
> A truly crushing defeat that I sincerely hope sends
> your city into a state of depression. Red Sox fans
> have long had an inferiority complex when it comes
> to the Yankees, and I fully expect this series to
> demoralize them even more.
>
> Keep up the good work. If you happen to come across
> any pictures of an 8 year old Red Sox fan crying
> (preferably with a red "B" painted on their face to
> show their love for the team), I would greatly
> appreciate you sending it to me. If the paint is
> smeared by the tears that Boston fans have continued
> to shed since 1918, all the better!
>
> Long live the curse of the Bambino,
>
> Dennis
> Yankee Fan


This entry was posted on Sunday, February 22, 2004 at Sunday, February 22, 2004 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment