THE FUTURE OF RU FOOTBALL IS TODAY (OR LAST MONTH?  

Posted

THE FUTURE OF RU FOOTBALL IS TODAY (OR LAST MONTH?

Try to follow along for a second, if you will. This “breaking” news story is the preview of the 2005 season. It’s being written on September 17th, 2003. The season was actually played towards the end of August. So I’m in the present (obviously), writing about a future that has already happened in the past. I hate to break the 4th wall down (or, for you netcop followers, break “kayefabe”), but writing for this dynasty is hard at times. I really wanted to play the game today, but I was about two seasons behind in my recaps. So, if this prelude ruins the fantasy for you, I’m sorry, but sometimes I need to keep myself sane with reality. But then, I realize my reality consists of sitting in my apartment writing recaps for a video game and I start to wonder what’s wrong with my therapist.

But enough about my problems…on with the show.

Coach Kronic put his recruiting hat on and hit the road, and came back with a pile full of young studs. With the 13th best recruiting class in the nation, RU looks ready to make the Big East regret their decision. 5 blue chip players will be wearing red this season, along with eight (!) 4 star players. Rutgers continues to become quicker and stronger especially in their defensive backfield. Where as Kronic was hesitant in the past to use his cbs on offense, this season he only cares about one thing: winning. A cheap win is still a win, and this year Rutgers is going to put on a show.

This entry was posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 at Saturday, October 01, 2005 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment