The lost archives of NCAA 2004  

Posted

About a week ago (and a month into my unemployment), I decided to go back to the single greatest video game of all time, NCAA 2004. That was a labor of love for me. I first learned of the game by reading posts from Chris. Chris had discovered a website where you can write up stories recapping your video game achievements. I agonized reading about him losing every game of the first two seasons he played. I even remember him sending me a video he taped off the TV of some running back running through 4 red jerseys.

So, if i recall correctly, I bought the game while i was on summer break before my last year of lawschool (yes, i know that technically the summer before your third year is supposed to be spent clerking at a firm. but, go back and read the first sentence of this rant. i'm UNEMPLOYED for a reason).

For some reason, i remember being home home when i first started playing this game. And i remember feverishly trying to keep up with the game recaps on my laptop. Realizing that this process was taking too long, i started scribbling notes on stickies during the game.

When I got back to my apartment, I put a lot of effort into catching up. At some point, and I don't remember the circumstances, I lost several seasons of information. That will explain the "ticketmaster" post later on.

The last post stems from my grandmother "cleaning up" my apartment, and accidently throwing out some notes from the last season. I guess that was the last article i ever wrote, but I remember writing a lenghty article on a scandal breaking at RU about reverse point shaving. It turns out that I lost some game and was so upset that I shut the PS2 off in disgust. Afterwards, i felt so guilty about cheating that I gave up playing the game. (other than the 5 hours a day, 3 days a week i'd play with tuna).

Hmm, I clearly have written this rant backwards, as i forgot to mention the best part. Tonight, utterly depressed by the yankees loss, i started thinking about this game. I always wished i had saved the rants, as the website took down my page due to inactivity. Then it dawned on me. Why not give the way back machine a shot. It worked a miracle once (getting the interpretation of 46/2), so why not again?

And low and behold, I found SOMETHING.

all the game recaps are gone, which was 95% of the work. But, the main news articles were still there. So, here they are, in all their glory. Scroll down to the last one first, and then read up.

and ps: i was mocking my readers with the "i promise three posts by the end of the day". I'm sick of you all reading w/o posting comments. Consider yourselves suckered.

YEAR: 2010 REC: 13-0 (8-0) RANK: COACH-3 MEDIA-3 BCS-3

SEASON ARCHIVE

Click one of the following seasons below to view its information:

Year Overall Record Conference Record Final Rankings Conference Champion National Champion
2010 13-0-0 8-0-0 COACH-3 MEDIA-3 BCS-3 X
2009 10-3-0 7-1-0 COACH-12 MEDIA-12 BCS-12

2008 11-2-0 7-1-0 COACH-9 MEDIA-9 BCS-9 X
2007 7-6-0 0-0-0 COACH-NR MEDIA-NR BCS-NR

2006 7-5-0 0-0-0 COACH-NR MEDIA-NR BCS-NR

2005 7-5-0 0-0-0 COACH-NR MEDIA-NR BCS-NR

2004 7-5-0 4-3-0 COACH-NR MEDIA-NR BCS-NR

2003 0-12-0 0-7-0 COACH-NR MEDIA-NR BCS-NR

This entry was posted on Saturday, October 01, 2005 at Saturday, October 01, 2005 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the comments feed .

0 comments

Post a Comment